We impact the sector.
We accomplish this goal by first ensuring each member has significant experience, the highest ethical standards and verifiable integrity. Membership is open to sole practitioners whose primary professional endeavor is philanthropic consulting as well as firms with multiple employees or contractors who meet the following criteria:
- The principal of the firm must possess at least five years’ professional experience with nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Maintains a client profile that consists of at least 60% nonprofit, charitable, and/or public organizations including significant service to 501(c)(3) organizations.
- The principal or lead consultant has worked solely as a consultant for the previous three years. **
- Has experience in serving organizations as staff in a development, executive management, or in a paid consultant role.
- Possesses educational qualifications and training from institutions of higher education and/or professional organizations. A bachelor’s degree, CFRE, or CASE designation is required.
- Conducts business in an ethical manner and within the code of ethics of the fund-raising profession and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Interfaces with nonprofit, charitable, and/or public institutions with legally constituted nonprofit governing boards.
- Encourages and seeks public understanding of the needs addressed by these nonprofit organizations.
- Serves causes that exemplify the definition of the word “philanthropy.”
- Provides professional fund-raising guidance and advice to nonprofit organizations and is financially remunerated for such services from at least two clients annually.
- Assists in the success of their nonprofit client organizations.
- Evidences positive results from such services which are acknowledged by clients.
** An Emerging Firm membership is available for consultants that have between one and three years of consulting experience.