The Association of Philanthropic Counsel promotes best practices and upholds ethical standards in the delivery of professional philanthropic services to nonprofit organizations and enhances members’ business operations through professional development and interaction.
APC is the preeminent network of philanthropic counsel whose members:
- Maximize their effectiveness through shared knowledge,
- Define evolving best practices for the profession,
- Influence change in the sector,
- Empower nonprofits as agents for change, and
- Nurture responsive philanthropy.
APC members are committed to:
- Advancing ethical standards for consultative services. Establishing professional standards for members,
- Promoting best practices for philanthropic consulting and business functions,
- Sharing knowledge among members,
- Fostering collegiality among members,
- Serving the consulting profession and
- Welcoming and respecting members of diverse race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and religious and political beliefs.